Webmap: Preserved railway equipment by ASVAFER > Steam locomotive JOP-9
Steam locomotive JOP-9
Tender steam locomotive with electric generator
Built in 1944 by Babcock & Wilcox at its factory in Galindo (Vizcaya) with the number 574.
Was devoted to maneuvering in the Port of Musel (Gijón), where it worked until 1975.
In February 1998 the locomotive was ceded to ASVAFER by the Port Authority of Gijón.
In September 1998 the locomotive was brought from Gijón.
In 2004 ASVAFER restored it externally, but we are still waiting for a generous sponsor
to complet the restoration to full working condition.